Last modified: May 7, 2017
Information We Collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users. Various types of information can be collected in various ways. We primarily obtain information as part of the process for requesting and/or providing a service. In some cases, we might obtain information in other ways. Details pertaining to the information we collect are described below:
- Account information. For example, some of our services might require you to establish an account to access certain products (e.g., electronic reports), transaction information, and/or other information pertaining to services you have requested. In establishing such accounts, we can collect certain personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, or credit card number to store with your account.
- Service-related information. Many of our services might require certain information pertaining to property (e.g., tangible or intangible) you own, lease, license, or otherwise use. For example, information such as property pricing, specifications, financing terms, licensing terms, and/or other information might be required to provide certain services.
- Website usage information. We collect certain information related to your use of our website. This information can include information derived from cookies or similar technologies. Such information might be used to identify the browser or device used to access our website. We might also use other information (e.g., IP address, WiFi access points, etc.) to identify your location. When you use our services or view content on our website, some of the foregoing information might be automatically collected and stored server log files.
Information we collect when you are signed in to the HTA website may be associated with your HTA account. When information is associated with your HTA account, we treat it as personal information. More information pertaining to how we use and protect personal information is described later in this policy.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect, and improve them, to develop new services, and to protect HTA and our users.
We may use the name you provide for your HTA account across all of the services we offer that require a HTA account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your HTA account so that you are represented consistently across all our services.
When you contact HTA, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
HTA may process personal information on servers located outside the country where you live.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that some services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Whenever you use our services, we strive to provide you with convenient access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (e.g., requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of HTA unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of HTA when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personally identifiable information.
- With domain administrators. If your HTA account is managed for you by a domain administrator, then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your HTA account information (e.g., your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of HTA if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of HTA, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect HTA and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We offer you two step verification when you access your HTA account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to HTA employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and Cooperation With Regulatory Authorities